At Index Consulting(INDEX), we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of confidential and Personal Information (information that directly or indirectly identifies individuals who may be clients, staff, agents, lawyers, law students, job applicants or others inside or outside the firm). We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with the laws that regulate Data Protection in Nigeria as well as all other applicable international Data Protection Laws and Policies.
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
BY ACCESSING, CLICKING “ACCEPT”, OR VIEWING THIS WEBSITE, EMAILS, FORMS, SUBSCRIBING TO OUR NEWSLETTERS(S) OR INTERACTING WITH US VIA ANY OTHER CHANNEL, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE, MAINTENANCE, AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, INCLUDING PERSONAL INFORMATION, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you have any comments on this Privacy Notice, please email them to Iinfo@index.com.ng
- The Information We May Collect
- We collect Personal Information in connection with your use of the Website, and INDEX subscription emails. Personal Information: “Personal Information” is information that may be used to identify or contact you. It can be anything from your name, address, photograph, email address, posts on social networking websites, and other unique identifiers such as but not limited to MAC address, IP address, IMEI number, IMSI number, SIM or other information as envisaged by the Nigerian Data Protection Regulation 2019 (“NDPR”);
- INDEX may also collect information that you choose to provide in communications with us: Please do not send us confidential information until we have confirmed in writing that we represent or act for you or your company or organisation. Unsolicited emails from non-clients do not establish a lawyer-client relationship. They may not be privileged and, therefore, may be disclosed to others.
- How We Collect and Use Your Information
- The Information You Provide: We will only use your Personal Information if and to the extent that applicable laws allow. We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, including to comply with any legal, or reporting requirements. You may provide your information when you send INDEX a message through the “CONTACT US” form. We may use or share the Personal Information you provide through contact options to communicate with you or perform some action you have requested. We may also internally use or combine Personal Information about you with other information to maintain and improve our services or for newsletters.
- Recruitment: If you apply for a role or work experience opportunity, or event at the firm you may need to provide Personal Information including special categories of personal information. Your application directly to us, or via a recruitment agency, will constitute your express consent to our use of this information. We will use this information to consider your application for a position with INDEX. We may also use the information to carry out checks to verify the information provided by you.
- Subscription Services: When you subscribe to our Website, you sign up to receive, among others, any of the following:
- Communication: sending emails, newsletters and other messages to keep you informed of legal developments, market insights and our Services.
- Events: information on roundtables and other events organized by INDEX and her collaborators.
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Due diligence (under anti-money laundering, sanctions screening and other crime prevention and detection laws and regulatory requirements) which may involve automated screening checks to ensure that contacts are genuine and to prevent fraud or meet reporting requirements.
- How We Share Information
- Third Parties: We will usually not share your Personal Information with other third parties without your consent. You agree that we have the right to share your Personal Information with (a) our authorized employees only for the purpose of resolving issues associated with the use of our services and (b) selected third parties. Selected third parties may include: (x) business partners, suppliers or sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them; (y) networks that require the data to select and serve relevant information to you and others;(z) and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our corporate and products websites. These third parties are restricted from using Personal Information for any purpose other than to provide the services already contained in the Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: We may disclose information about you to fulfil the purpose for which you provide it, or disclose it at your request or with your consent.
- Other Disclosures: Regardless of any choices you make regarding Personal Information, we may disclose Personal Information: to respond to lawful requests; to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims or in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law.
- Business Transfers: We may transfer Personal Information about you in the event of a reorganization of INDEX in which case, we will require compliance with the terms of this Privacy Notice.
- How We Disclose Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to INDEX.
- Browser Settings: Although most browsers automatically accept cookies, you can change your browser options to stop automatically accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies.
- Privacy Notice: Our Privacy Notice provides you with information about how you may contact INDEX to provide you with information about how we use the information about you.
- Protection of Personal Information
Your privacy is important to us. We take reasonable administrative and technical precautions to protect Personal Information. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. INDEX cannot completely eliminate the risks associated with handling information over the internet. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THIRD PARTY CIRCUMVENTION OF ANY PRIVACY SETTING OR ANY OF OUR SECURITY MEASURES.
- Data Subject Rights
The NDPR provides certain rights for individuals. INDEX has processes in place to ensure that it can facilitate any request made by an individual to exercise their rights under NDPR. All requests will be considered without undue delay and within one month of receipt as far as possible. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes or updates to our technology, data practices, service methods, or other factors. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by posting the revised Privacy Notice on our Website. Changes to the Privacy Notice will become effective immediately unless otherwise noted. Your continued use of the Website, marketing emails, or subscription emails following the effective date of these changes indicates your consent to the revised policies and practices. You are expected to check this page frequently, so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you. If you object to any revisions, you should immediately cease using the Website. This Notice was last updated on 15th July 2020
- Third-Party Sites
Our Websites may contain links to other sites that are controlled by third parties. You should review these other sites’ privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility for their use of your personal information.
- Data Processing
INDEX is a “Data Controller” when it processes personal data related to and/or received from our clients and ultimately takes responsibility for managing that data in compliance with applicable data privacy regulations.
- Contact us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or reaching out to us at our offices at: 2nd Floor, NSE Building, 1 Engineering Close,off Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island, Lagos Nigeria.