How to build a skyscraper from scratch
But fast forward till around 2003, some group of people namely Matt Mullenweg and Mike little recognized this problem so they set out to create a system that would enable you and me to create websites without having to bother about learning a programming language at all.
So, in this complete guide on how to create a WordPress website, I’ll walk you through the entire process step-by-step on how to set up your WordPress website without having to hire a developer to do the work for you.
Due to how extensive this guide will go I have created a table of content to enable you to run down the entire process in a logical order or whatever way you wish to consume the content.
Note: if you want a more in-depth method of working with WordPress you can also enroll in our WordPress mastery course for beginners, it is completely affordable ($37) and you will get some bonuses when you enroll.
Also, if you need some extra hands setting up your website, do well to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our expert web designers will assist you in creating one for your business.
Okay, so here’s the table of content
1. What is WordPress? And why you should choose WordPress.
2. How to pick a nice domain name for your new website
3. How to choose the best web hosting company for your new website
4. How to install WordPress on your web hosting account
5. How to navigate the WordPress dashboard to understand the UI
6. 5 things you must do when you first install WordPress for the first time.
7. How to install a theme for your new website
8. How to install a plugin and your new website
9. How to create pages for your website
10. How to customize your website (add your logo, change text font, etc)
11. How to monetize your WordPress website
12. Five must-have plugins for your new WordPress website
If you follow all the steps in this guide correctly then in 2 hours or less, I can guarantee you, that you’ll be wow by the type of website you will get for your small business and you will be interested in learning more about the platform.